My photo
Brycedius Sam
Trying to tell the best story I can with what I have.

Word Walker

         Well hello all you crazy kids, It's been a while but I assure you that I'm safe, and  I hope you all are as well. I had the pleasure of working on another mural for an Atlanta native artist, (@it's_Mrb) and man this song hits hard and the message is what we need to hear.

I'm not gonna go into all the details of the "how's," but I will say I went about this particular project differently then I normally do. No contour lines to help differentiate depth and importance is nothing new, I've done a few project this way but I think this one is unique because I used the roughs instead of the final lines. I notice my lines seemed too heavy and to much in the way so I went back to the original color layout sketch and it work way better then I anticipated. I tried to give more color where I would use black, and it helped make the entire piece feel light and not so anchored down. The concept was something that is overlooked and hard to accomplish in a gimmicky way. As followers of christ, God's word is one of the bases and foundations that should be established, but to live it is hard to do. Not to live up to it but to use a perfect tool in our Imperfect lives, to show that by simply looking forward and walking by the heart instead of the eyes. That's what I wanted to capture.
 Most of all the reason behind the artwork is just worth it! CHEERS!!

Comments

Popular Posts